written by Ankita Sinha
As we all know Cinnamon is a popular spice and it is very essential in Indian cuisine. It is obtained from inner bark of cinnamon tree or we can say it’s a peel of cinnamon plant. It has sweet and savoury taste in nature. It gives food awesome spicy flavour, most delicious and mind blowing aroma. It can be easily found in any kitchen as it is main ingredient in Indian cooking. Apart from being simply a cooking ingredient, it also has uncountable health benefits. It contains several minerals, antioxidants which are highly anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antibacterial, anti-ageing and antiviral in nature. Thus it is helpful in treating several diseases from its root cause.
Let us focus on all amazing benefits of cinnamon in detail. As only few people know it has other benefits too. .
- Decreases heart disease.
- Natural preservative. Helps in food preservation, keeps the food fresh for longer time.
- Best Medicinal properties.
- Controls cholesterol level
- Controls and maintains blood sugar level.
- Stimulates increasing of hormonal insulin.
- Good for controlling and curing diabetics.
- Good and very effective ingredient for weight loss.
- Boosts brain functions, activates brain activities, increases alertness, concentration power & helps in memory loss.
- Decreases blood pressure level.
- Increases sensitivity to the hormone insulin.
- Can reduce the growth of cancer cell in our body as well as blood vessels formation in tumour, thus it has protective effect against cancer.
- It prevents tooth decay, bad breath, helps in curing any kind of infections thanks to its’ anti-bacterial and antifungal properties.
- Can easily fight with HIV virus formation in human body.
- Very effective in curing indigestion and gastric problems.
- Highly effective in treating arthritis problem.
- Treats stomach ulcer.
- Helps in curing cough, cold and sinus problem.
- Best remedy for curing skin infections.
- Can cure hearing loss.
- Purifies blood.
- As it is anti clotting in nature, it prevents unwanted clumping of bold platelets.
- Helpful in treating arthritis pain, inflammation and stiff joints.
- Reduces urinary tract infections.
- Acts as blood thinning agent and increases blood circulation in body.
- Very effective in weight loss.
- Helpful in boosting immune system in body.
- Cinnamon Oil keeps mosquito away from home.
- Cures menstrual cramps.
- Natural room freshener.
Some of the Ingredients which go well together with Cinnamon work wonder on our health and skin. Find some of the remedial recipes below.
Intake of 1 grams or ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder per day can increase blood circulation in our body and decrease blood pressure level. Also this remedy is very effective in controlling and curing diabetes, whereas this combination is strictly not recommended to any pregnant woman.
Some of the remedial health recipes are as follows:
- Honey & Cinnamon Powder
- If blockage in veins is very high then this remedy is effective in clearing blockage in less span of time. Mix 2 tablespoon of honey with 3 tablespoon of cinnamon powder with in ½ litre of lukewarm water.
- Regular use of this mixture in ratio 1:1 can slowly clear the cholesterol blockage; cure stomach ache, acidity, and indigestion, relieve tension problem. The application of this paste within 2-3 times in a day can effectively treat itching problems and tooth ache.
- Also 1:1 ratio can decrease hearing loss and strengthen it.
- Regular consumption of this can remove wrinkles, pimples, and dark spots and help in glowing skin internally.
- Upset stomach can be easily cured by using this remedy.
- While suffering from severe or common cold, take 1 tablespoon of lukewarm honey with ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon powder for 3 days continuously. It will definitely cure all types of cold cough and clear sinus.
- Simply sprinkle cinnamon powder on 2 tablespoon of honey and must be taken before food is eaten, relives acidity and digest the heaviest meal.
- Equal portion of cinnamon and honey on your affected part can treat all kind of skin infection.
- Cinnamon Powder
- A pinch of cinnamon powder can be a good and cheapest mouth freshener.
- Lukewarm water
- Mix cinnamon powder with lukewarm water and make a paste. Use of this mixture when suffering from severe headache or migraine problem. It can treat headache and migraine very quickly.
- A mix of 1 cup of hot water, 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder can relieve from arthritis pain. Even if a patient could not move or walk a single step, they can move easily without feeling any pain.
- Those who are suffering from bladder infection must take 2 tablespoon of cinnamon powder, 1 teaspoon of honey, mix in lukewarm water and drink it. It will cure bladder very quickly by killing all germs.
- Mix equal quantity of honey and cinnamon powder in a glass of hot water and gargle in the morning. It will keep your breath fresh throughout the whole day.
- Cinnamon powder and lemon juice can treat pimples and acne problems.
- Wheat Indian bread (Chapattis or Roti)
- Honey and cinnamon powder mixed well together and eaten with chapatti can remove cholesterol from veins and prevent from heart attack.
- Cinnamon & Tea
- Boil 1 glass of water with 1 teaspoon of tea then add 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 2 tablespoons of honey in it. Drink this mixture two times a day, one in the morning half an hour before breakfast and second one half an hour before dinner. This can help dissolve all useless fat thus it’s very effective in weight loss.
- Cinnamon & Oats
- Sprinkling cinnamon powder on oatmeal at your dinner can help with easy digestion of food.
- Honey & cinnamon tea
- Boil 3 cups of water along with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder and 4 teaspoons of honey together until there is only ¼ cup left. Drink this tea 3-4 times a day will lock your age at sweet 16 as well as keep you fresh all the time.
Some of the remedial beauty recipes:
- Acne mask:
- Make a paste of 1 table spoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon in a bowl and apply this paste on pat dry face with the help of brush.
- Keep it for 15- 20 min and wash afterward with lukewarm water.
Benefit: This mask will do wonderful job on acne problem. In which honey will lock moisture in skin, fight bacteria and infections without any irritation caused on skin, as it is ideal for dry and sensitive skin.
Cinnamon reduces redness and helps in get rid of acne by drying out the affected area.
Whereas, lemon helps in killing acne bacteria, reducing dark spots, scarring and can fight inflammation.
Moisturizer & Exfoliating detox our skin texture.
- Hot face mask facial.
- Make a paste of ½ tsp cinnamon powder, 1 tsp nutmeg powder, 1 tsp honey and 5 drops of lemon juice.
- Apply this paste on your pat dry face.
- Let it be on your face for 20 min and then wash if off.
- Wipe out your face with a cotton ball which has few drops of toner or astringent on it.
- Then use ice cube on your face to close the large open pores of the skin.
- Then use best quality moisturiser on your face.
Benefit: This remedy is helpful in fading acne scars and tightens the skin.
- Acne Scrub Recipe
- Make a paste of 6 tsp sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon powder, 3 tsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp almond oil, 1 tsp honey.
- Apply this paste on your skin and massage gently for 5 min upstroke.
- Then let it be dry for 10 min and wash it off.
Benefit: Exfoliate our skin by removing dead cell.
- Spa bath
- Take a spa bath with cinnamon powder and lemon juice for 20 min.
Benefit: This bath is very relaxing, soothes your skin and mind.
- Pimple mask
- Make a paste of 3 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder.
- Apply this paste on your pat dry face.
- Let it be overnight then rinse off in morning.
Benefit: Use of this application on your face daily (at least for 2 weeks continuously) before going to bed. This will definitely remove pimples from its root cause.
There are various benefits of cinnamon which can’t be ignored. Now, no doubt that cinnamon is called a miracle herb.